Toyota has revealed the latest updates to its Corolla Hatch, with the new features coming to models in South Africa.
First launched in 2019, the Corolla Hatch has received “further product enhancements in line with market requests”, said Toyota.
These new features include:
- 18-inch wheels: The Corolla Hatch Xr will receive 18-inch alloy wheels, fitted with 225/40/R18 tyres. This results in the fitment of a “space saver” spare wheel. The Xs models keep the 16-inch alloy wheels with corresponding 205/55/R16 tyres and a full-size spare wheel.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay: Toyota has fitted a new-generation infotainment system, incorporating Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Toyota Safety Sense upgrades: Toyota has added “Rear Cross Traffic Alert” (RCTA). RCTA provides audible warnings to the driver in an alley-docking scenario where passing vehicles or obstacles may be out of visual range.
Engine and safety
Safety and convenience features which are standard on the Corolla Hatch include LED lights, dual-zone climate control, keyless access, cruise control, a reverse camera, and one-touch power windows.
The Xr then offers a range of additional elements, including “sport” front seats, power-adjustable driver lumbar support, a seat-heating function for driver and passenger, and blind spot monitoring in combination with RCT.
Powering the Corolla Hatch is a 1.2-litre turbocharged 8NR-FTS engine, producing 85kW and 185Nm of torque.
This engine offers a fuel consumption figure of 6.3l/100km for manual transmission models, and 6.4l/100km for the CVT equipped versions, said Toyota.
The pricing for the upgraded Toyota Corolla Hatch models is detailed below.
- Corolla 1.2T Xs – R369,100
- Corolla 1.2T Xs Bi-Tone – R379,800
- Corolla 1.2T Xs CVT – R380,600
- Corolla 1.2T Xs CVT Bi-Tone – R391,300
- Corolla 1.2T Xr CVT – R425,200
- Corolla 1.2T Xr CVT Bi-Tone – R435,900
All Corolla Hatch models are sold with a 6-services/90 000 km service plan – with 15,000 km or 12-month service intervals. A 3-year/100,000 km warranty is also provided.
Toyota said that customers can purchase an additional service plan and warranty extension for their vehicle from their local Toyota dealer.
Toyota added that the Corolla Hatch is available in both monotone and bi-tone colour configurations, with Graphite Grey and Caribbean Blue having been added to the monotone list, while a “Fierce Red” colour replaces the Scarlet metallic option.
“Four bi-tone colours are on offer; Satin Silver, Fierce Red, Caribbean Blue and a newly-added Platinum White Pearl – all combined with a black-metallic roof for maximum visual impact,” said Totoya.