The new Subaru XV is a premium crossover with a lot to offer.
It is one of the few crossovers that sports permanent all-wheel-drive, as well as one of the few that comes with a 2.0-litre engine.
The motor is naturally-aspirated and connects to a CVT transmission, resulting in a maximum power output of 115kW and 196Nm of torque.
This package brings combined fuel consumption to 7.3l/100km, and allows a top speed of 194km/h.
Alongside its capable drivetrain, the XV was updated with a refreshed exterior as well as a comprehensive level of standard equipment.
The newer model is denoted by a new grille, as well as additional contour lines around the front fog lights and bumper.
It offers 220mm of ground clearance, too, and adds two new exterior colours that are exclusive to the latest model.
On the inside, the new XV receives a driver’s seat with memory functions, and an 8-inch infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
This is in addition to a front-view camera which forms part of the standard Vision Assist suite.
Moreover, the XV gets the EyeSight Driver Assist package that adds adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist and sway warning, and pre-collision braking with throttle management.
This ensures a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating.
The South African pricing for the 2021 Subaru XV is as follows:
Included in the price is a 3-year/75,000km maintenance plan and a 5-year/150,000km warranty.
The crossover market in South Africa is currently one of the hottest segments to enter, as it is targeted by nearly every manufacturer.
The Subaru XV is an established player in this segment, but has never had such fierce competition.
Using TopAuto Car Prices, we found 10 of the Subaru XV’s biggest competitors in South Africa – as listed below.
- Price – R359,900 – R479,900
- Power – 74-96kW/205-230Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km warranty and a 3-year/60,000km service plan.
- Price – R397,995 – R493,995
- Power – 90-103kW/151-242Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, a 5-year/90,000km service plan, and 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
- Price – R425,000 – R502,800
- Power – 88-105kW/145-172Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/200,000km warranty, a 4-year/60,000km service plan, and 3-year/unlimited kilometre AA roadside assistance.
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
- Price – R449,995 – R489,995
- Power – 110kW/198-250Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty, a 5-year/90,000km service plan, and 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
- Price – R455,500 – R676,100
- Power – 121-140kW/213-450Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, service plan, and roadside assistance.
- Price – R461,000 – R605,840
- Power – 85-110kW/200-250Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km Audi freeway plan.
- Price – R462,000 – R599,900
- Power – 106-126kW/200-233Nm
- Warranty – 6-year/150,000km warranty and a 3-year/90,000km service plan.
- Price – R474,900 – R564,900
- Power – 126kW/233Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/150,000km mechanical warranty and a 5-year/90,000km service plan.
- Price – R477,900 – R743,900
- Power – 115-150kW/196-460Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/150,000km mechanical warranty with an additional 2-year/50,000km powertrain warranty, a 5-year/90,000km service plan, and 7-year/150,000km roadside assistance.
- Price – R489,400 – R593,600
- Power – 110-140kW/250-320Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/120,000km warranty and a 5-year/90,000km service plan.