The BMW 318i Mzansi Edition – at a South African price of R831,524 – is R33,700 cheaper than its equally-equipped sibling.
The Mzansi Edition specification package was recently added as an optional extra for the BMW 3 Series in South Africa.
The option vastly increases the look of the standard model through the addition of distinctive extras. We take a look at how much you save, below.
The BMW 3 Series Mzansi Edition is not a model by itself, but rather a specification pack that is available on the 318i, 320i, and 320d cars.
This option will see the standard fitment of the M Sport Package, the Shadowline styling package, 19-inch alloy wheels, and a range of optional extras that elevate the design and atmosphere of the 3 Series.
Furthermore, it adds several exclusive styling elements that can’t be fitted to a 3 Series that’s not a Mzansi Edition.
This includes a carbon fibre front splitter and rear spoiler, carbon fibre mirror caps, M Sport red brake calipers, and grille backlighting – a feature that was previously only available on the X6 SUV.
Inside, the Mzansi Edition comes with an Alcantara/Sensatec upholstery, sports seats, M seat belts, an upgraded infotainment system, and high-quality finishes.
The M Sport suspension and eight-speed M Sport automatic transmission are included, too, while engine output and performance figures remain unchanged.
To find out how much cheaper the Mzansi Edition package is than if you were to select each option it includes individually, we used the BMW 3 Series configurator.
The Mzansi Edition’s options, along with their prices, are detailed below.
- M Sport Package – R49,900
- M Sport seats
- M Sport suspension
- Alcantara/Sensatec upholstery
- High gloss black rear diffuser
- High Gloss Shadowline with extended contents
- Sunroof – R15,700
- M seat belts – R4,800
- M Rear spoiler – R3,300
- M Sport brakes – R10,500
- Ambient lighting – R5,800
- Parking assistant – R9,400
- LED door projectors – R9,400
- Hi-Fi loudspeaker system – R8,500
- BMW Live Cockpit professional – R26,400
- Galvanic Embellishers for controls – R2,400
- BMW Individual Lights Shadow Line – R6,200
- 19-inch double-spoke bicolour wheels – R12,100
- 8-speed Sports automatic transmission – R3,300
- Iconic Glow Grille backlighting – Mzansi Edition only
- Carbon fibre front splitter, mirror caps, and spoiler – Mzansi Edition only
The total price of a standard BMW 318i fitted with all these extras is:
- BMW 318i – R697,524
- Extras – R167,700
- Total price – R865,224
This is compared to the BMW 318i Mzansi Edition price of R831,524.
It is also worth noting that not every option can be installed simultaneously, and that the Mzansi Edition provides a rare opportunity to have all these features in one package.