The refreshed C3 Aircross sees an updated grille, more pronounced chrome chevrons, thin LED daytime running lights, and a silver-grey skid plate with coloured inserts added.
In addition to its relatively high ground clearance of 178mm, the most expensive Aircross also boasts a modular seating arrangement to further enhance its usability.
This “Shine” model has a rear bench that can slide up to 150mm horizontally, increasing maximum cargo capacity in five-seater mode from 410 litres to 520 litres.
In two-seater configuration, the C3 Aircross carries 1,289 litres of cargo.
The crossover also comes with a dual-height boot floor and can transport objects of up to 2.4-metres long inside the cabin.
Powering the C3 Aircross line-up is a 1.2-litre, turbo-petrol motor generating 81kW and 205Nm – connected to a six-speed automatic gearbox.
This set-up is good for a 0-100km/h acceleration of 10.7 seconds, a top speed of 184km/h, and a combined fuel consumption of 6.5l/100km.
Mini SUVs and crossovers account for the biggest slice of new-vehicle sales in South Africa of late.
Therefore, while Citroen C3 Aircross is priced competitively in this category, it is going into the hottest vehicle segment in the country.
We detail the Citroen’s biggest competitors below. Click on the underlined prices to visit TopAuto Car Prices for more information.
VW T-Cross 1.0TSI 85kW Comfortline
- Price – R399,300
- Power – 85kW/200Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/120,000km warranty and a 3-year/45,000km service plan.
Ford EcoSport 1.0T Titanium Auto
- Price – R405,000
- Power – 92kW/170Nm
- Warranty – 4-year/120,000km warranty, 4-year/60,000km service plan, and 3-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance
Mazda CX-3 2.0 Dynamic Auto
- Price – R406,800
- Power – 115kW/206Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, service plan, and roadside assistance.
Suzuki Vitara 1.6 GLX Auto
- Price – R412,900
- Power – 86kW/151Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/200,000km warranty and a 4-year/60,000km service plan.
Toyota Corolla Cross 1.8 Hybrid Xs
- Price – R413,000
- Power – 90kW/142Nm + e-torque
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty, 6-services/90,000km service plan, and 8-year/195,000km battery warranty.
Hyundai Venue 1.0T Glide
- Price – R415,500
- Power – 88kW/172Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/150,000km warranty with an additional 2-year/50,000km powertrain warranty, 3-year/45,000km service plan, and 7-year/150,000km roadside assistance.
Opel Crossland 1.2T Elegance
- Price – R415,900
- Power – 81kW/205Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/120,000km warranty, 3-year/60,000km service plan, and 3-year/120,000km roadside assistance.
Peugeot 2008 1.2T Active Auto
- Price – R415,900
- Power – 96kW/230Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km warranty and 3-year/60,000km service plan.
Mitsubishi ASX 2.0
- Price – R419,995
- Power – 110kW/197Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty, 5-year/90,000km service plan, and 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
Kia Seltos 1.6 EX Auto
- Price – R421,995
- Power – 90kW/151Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, 5-year/90,000km service plan, and 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
Jeep Renegade 1.4T Sport
- Price – R429,900
- Power – 103kW/230Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km warranty and a 3-year/60,000km service plan.
Nissan Qashqai 1.2T Visia
- Price – R430,900
- Power – 85kW/190Nm
- Warranty – 6-year/150,000km warranty, 3-year/90,000km service plan, and 6-year/150,000km roadside assistance.