The Porsche 911 is one of the most popular high-end cars available in South Africa.
The NAAMSA new vehicle sales numbers for the country show that in 2020, over 200 new 911 models were sold in South Africa.
This is an impressive performance and shows the desirability of the car, as prices for a 911 start at R1.7 million.
The monthly payments
If you are not buying a new car with cash, you are most likely taking out a payment facility with a bank or financial services provider.
In the case of an entry-level vehicle, paying around R3,500-R4,000 per month will see you pay off your car over five years – taking into account a 9% interest and a 10% deposit.
For those who want to move towards the pinnacle of car ownership and park a Porsche 911 in their garage, however, a R4,000 monthly payment will unfortunately not cut it.
To see how much the monthly payments are for those who have purchased a 911, we used the following:
- Car Price – How much new popular Porsche 911 models are.
- Payment Term – 60 terms (5 years) was used for the payment plan.
- Interest – The rate was set at 9%.
- Deposit – A 10% deposit was put down.
- Balloon – No balloon payment was used.
- Extras – No optional extra were fitted to the cars.
The results are listed below.
It must be noted these exclude insurance premiums and the cost of fuel.
- Price – R1,699,000
- Payment – R31,835 per month
911 Carrera Cabriolet
- Price – R1,899,000
- Payment – R35,572 per month
911 Carrera S
- Price – R1,999,000
- Payment – R37,440 per month
911 Carrera 4S
- Price – R2,109,000
- Payment – R39,495 per month
- Price – R3,339,000
- Payment – R62,475 per month
911 Turbo S
- Price – R3,849,000
- Payment – R72,003 per month