Ford has released a new permanent trim-line for the Everest SUV range – the Everest Sport.
This trim is based on the well-equipped XLT model, but separates itself in terms of exclusive exterior details.
The Everest Sport differentiates itself through the addition of a black grille and exterior bits, an Everest badge on the nose, sport decals, and 20-inch black alloy wheels.
It also comes in six exterior colours, has model-specific interior appointments such as embossed leather seats, and features the latest safety and infotainment features.
It is available in both 4×2 and 4×4 configurations, and gets a 10-speed automatic transmission as standard.
Only one engine option is available, though, which is a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit that delivers 132kW of power and 420Nm of torque.
The pricing for the Ford Everest Sport starts at R662,800 for the entry-level 4×2, and reaches R704,400 when the 4×4 drivetrain is selected.
All Everest models come standard with Ford Protect, consisting of a 4-year/120,000km comprehensive warranty, 3-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance, and a 6-year/90,000km service plan.
The market for luxury SUVs has grown immensely in the past decade and will likely continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
This results in the Everest Sport entering a very competitive market.
The top contenders that will be going up against the Ford Everest Sport in South Africa are listed below.
Audi Q3 35TFSI S-line
- Price – R685,000
- Power – 110kW/250Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,oookm Audi freeway plan.
BMW X1 sDrive 20i
- Price – R692,952
- Power – 141kW/280Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km motorplan maintenance contract, 24/7 BMW on-call services, and BMW accident management.
Haval H9 2.0T 4WD Luxury
- Price – R659,900
- Power – 180kW/350Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km warranty, a 5-year/60,000km service plan, and 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
Honda CR-V 1.5T Executive AWD
- Price – R705,100
- Power – 140kW/240Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/200,00km warranty, 5-year/90,000km service plan, and 3-year/unlimited kilometre AA roadside assistance.
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2D Premium
- Price – R669,500
- Power – 142kW/440Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/150,000km manufacturer warranty with an additional 2-year/50,000km powertrain warranty, 7-year/150,000km roadside assistance, and a 5-year/90,000km service plan.
Isuzu mu-X 3.0
- Price – R675,300
- Power – 130kW/380Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/120,000km warranty and roadside assistance, and a 5-year/90,000km service plan.
Jeep Cherokee 2.0T Limited 4×4
- Price – R724,362
- Power – 200kW/400Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty and maintenance plan.
Kia Sorento 2.2CRDi LX
- Price – R679,995
- Power – 147kW/440Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/unlimited kilometre warranty and roadside assistance, and a 5-year/100,000km service plan.
Mazda CX-5 2.2DE AWD Akera
- Price – R676,100
- Power – 140kW/450Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, service plan, and roadside assistance.
- Price – R679,040
- Power – 120kW/250Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km maintenance contract.
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.4DI-D 4×4
- Price – R674,995
- Power – 133kW/430Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km manufacturer warranty, 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance, and a 5-year/90,000km service plan.
Peugeot 5008 2.0HDi GT Line
- Price – R667,900
- Power – 110kW/370Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km warranty and service plan.
Subaru Forester 2.5i-S ES
- Price – R629,000
- Power – 136kW/239Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/75,000km maintenance plan, and a 5-year/100,000km warranty.
Toyota Fortuner 2.4GD-6 4×4
- Price – R632,100
- Power – 110kW/400Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty, and a 9-services/90,000km service plan.
Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0TSI 4Motion Highline
- Price – R685,200
- Power – 162kW/350Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/120,000km warranty, and a 5-year/90,000km service plan.