Citroen recently released the new C3 hatchback.
It comes with an unmistakable design, paint protection bubbles, and new driver assist features that will let you know when you need a coffee.
On the outside, the C3 gets new headlights with chrome chevrons, a new grille, and scratch-proof “air bumps” with silver inserts, too.
The interior, however, received the bulk of the updates and now features improved noise cancelling, improved “advanced comfort seats”, and driver fatigue warnings.
Speed limit recognition and cruise control functionalities are also fitted, and emergency brake assist rounds off the standard range upgrades.
Two trim levels were then created – which are differentiated by both price and features.
The Feel specification is fitted with a 1.2-litre engine that produces 60kW of power and 118Nm of torque, and it gets a leather steering wheel.
The Shine specification sports the same engine, but thanks to a turbocharger it generates 81kW and 205Nm.
In addition to these features, the Shine is treated to 16-inch alloy wheels, automatic wipers, rear parking sensors, a 7-inch touchscreen system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, an auto-dim rear-view mirror, and bi-tone body colour options.
The C3 range starts at R269,900 for the Feel, and goes to R324,900 if the Shine option is selected.
Along with this you get Citroen Serenity, which includes a 5-year/100,000km warranty, a 3-year/60,000km service plan, and roadside assistance.
Plenty of South Africa’s most popular hatchbacks are selling in the C3’s price range.
The C3 is therefore poised to take on big players like the VW Polo, Kia Rio, and more when it arrives in May 2021 – as shown below.
- Price – R269,900 – R349,900
- Power – 70-81kW/127-152Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty and service plan.
- Price – R323,800 – R375,700
- Power – 63-92kW/170-175Nm
- Warranty – 4-year/120,000km warranty, 4-year/60,000km service plan, and 3-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
- Price – R289,900 – R319,900
- Power – 66kW/110Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/200,000km warranty, 4-year/60,000km service plan, and 3-year/unlimited kilometre AA roadside assistance.
- Price – R271,500 – R330,500
- Power – 61-74kW/115-133Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/150,000km manufacturer warranty, 3-year/45,000km service plan, and 7-year/150,000km roadside assistance.
- Price – R280,995 – R369,995
- Power – 61-73kW/120-135Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, 4-year/60,000km service plan, and 5-year/unlimited kilometre roadside assistance.
- Price – R275,100 – R368,900
- Power – 85kW/148Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/unlimited kilometre service plan, warranty, and roadside assistance.
- Price – R288,200 – R384,000
- Power – 66-84kW/140-180Nm
- Warranty – 6-year/150,000km warranty, and a 3-year/90,000km service plan.
- Price – R274,900 – R386,900
- Power – 55-96kW/118-230Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/120,000km warranty, and a 3-year/45,000km service plan.
- Price – R267,900 – R335,900
- Power – 60-81kW/118-205Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/100,000km warranty, 3-year/60,000km service plan, and 5-year/100,000km roadside assistance.
- Price – R221,900-R274,900
- Power – 68kW/130Nm
- Warranty – 5-year/200,000km promotional warranty, and a 4-year/60,000km service plan.
- Price – R269,500-R334,300
- Power – 79kW/140Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/100,000km warranty, and a 3-services/45,000km service plan.
- Price – R287,500 – R453,700
- Power – 70-147kW/175-320Nm
- Warranty – 3-year/120,000km warranty, and a 3-year/45,000km Volkswagen EasyDrive service plan.