The Range Rover Velar has been updated for the 2022 model year to offer enhanced connectivity, additional driver assistance systems, extra customisation options, and a new limited-edition trim.
The Velar range is now also slightly more expensive than it was before, at a South African starting price of R1,293,800.
The engine specifications and exterior of the Range Rover Velar remain untouched for this refresh, and most of the updates went towards improving the existing connectivity features.
The integrated Pivi infotainment system now supports over-the-air software updates and this allows owners to update their Velar to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Previously, these features could only be accessed via the applicable data cable.
The upgraded Pivi Pro infotainment system is also standard on the S specification and upwards.
In addition, the new Velar is fitted with a cabin air cleaner with CO2 sensing, as well as a Purify Cycle feature that enables scheduled air cleaning cycles inside the SUV.
An expanded range of driver assistance systems were then installed to every Velar – comprising a rear camera and adaptive cruise control with steering assist.
The Ranger Rover Velar Auric Edition is a new, limited-run model that is based on the R-Dynamic S specification.
This derivative comes with exclusive Auric Atlas exterior trim finishes, 20-inch “Mercurial Gloss Sparkle Silver” wheels, and three exterior colours – with Charente Grey being an Auric-only option.
Customers can then specify their prefered interior trim from a range of upholsteries, including full leather and premium textile options.
This model is fitted with the top-end Pivi Pro infotainment system, too, and gets an interactive digital instrument cluster as standard.
The South African pricing for the 2022 Range Rover Velar is as follows:
- Range Rover Velar D200 S – R1,293,800
- Range Rover Velar D300 S – R1,448,100
- Range Rover Velar P250 S – R1,293,800
- Range Rover Velar P340 S – R1,428,200
- Range Rover Velar P400e S – R1,654,500
- Range Rover Velar D200 R-Dynamic – R1,363,710
- Range Rover Velar D300 R-Dynamic – R1,517,900
- Range Rover Velar P250 R-Dynamic – R1,363,700
- Range Rover Velar P340 R-Dynamic – R1,498,100
- Range Rover Velar P400e R-Dynamic – R1,725,400
- Range Rover Velar D200 Auric Edition – R1,399,700
- Range Rover Velar D300 Auric Edition – R1,553,900
- Range Rover Velar P250 Auric Edition – R1,399,700
Buyers of the new Range Rover Velar will have a choice between 14 exterior colours, personalised hues, and satin-matte or ultra-metallic finishes.
“The 2022 Range Rover Velar and the new Range Rover Velar Auric Edition will be available in South Africa early next year,” said Range Rover.