Opel South Africa has announced that its new Crossland SUV is launching in the country.
The facelifted Crossland receives dark tinted tail lights, a new gloss black tailgate surface, front and rear skid plates, LED fog lamps on the top-end model, and 16-inch alloy wheels.
The latest Crossland also features Opel’s “Vizor” front-end design – which incorporates modern styling elements along with space for items such as sensors and cameras.
“Crisp and compact on the outside, spacious and versatile on the inside with a cool modern and distinctive SUV look, this new Opel Crossland SUV is the first to adopt the brand’s unmistakeable new face,” said Opel.
Opel said the new Crossland comes with LED lights and a range of safety features.
- Forward collision alert with automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection.
- Lane departure warning.
- Driver drowsiness alert.
- Front and rear park assist with proximity sensors and rear-view camera.
- Cruise control with speed limiter.
- ABS, EBFD, and hill start assist.
On the inside, Opel has included a 7-inch touchscreen for the infotainment system and support for Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
Bluetooth connectivity, multiple-way adjustable seats, and “generous head and legroom” in the back and front are additional features listed by Opel.
Space and power
The Opel Crossland offers a generous amount of storage space at the rear, with a boot that can handle 410 litres as standard.
Adjusting the seats and placing them flat will see this storage space increase to 1,255 litres.
Opel then provides customers with two engine options and three model choices when buying the car.
The engine options are:
- 1.2-litre petrol: 60kW and 118Nm.
- 1.2-litre turbo petrol: 81kW and 230Nm.
“The 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated engine mated to a 5-speed manual shifter is offered on the Edition model,” said Opel.
“The more powerful 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine, coupled to a 6-speed automatic gearbox, is offered on both the Edition and Elegance models.”
Drive is sent to the front wheels for all models, while a combined fuel consumption for the cars is:
- Edition (both models) – 5.8l per 100km
- Elegance – 6.3l per 100km
South African pricing for the Opel Crossland is listed below.
- Crossland Edition: 1.2 60kW 5-Speed Manual – R324,900
- Crossland Edition: 1.2 Turbo 81kW 6-Speed Automatic – R374,900
- Crossland Elegance: 1.2 Turbo 81kW 6-Speed Automatic – R399,900
All models come with a 3-year/120,000km warranty, and 3-year/45,000km service plan.
Service interval are every 12 months or 15,000km.
Opel said the new Crossland will arrive at dealerships throughout South Africa in February 2021.